When in doubt, Black it out


Do you ever have those days when you don't know what to wear? You wake up, look in your closet, and see all these clothes and say "I really don't know what I'm going to wear today..." I have those days almost everyday. Eventually, I find something to wear and it is most likely black. Some days I wear all black because black not only goes with other colors, but it also goes with itself. I think it's really funny when people tell me I look like I am going to a funeral, when I wear all black, because black symbolizes sadness and depression for a lot of people. 
Like Ann Demeulemeester said: "Black is not sad. Bright colors are what depresses me. They're so...empty. Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not."
I live by a personal rule of buying every piece of clothing in black first, then in any other color I wish.

 


Biker jacket: Topshop
Black shirt: H&M
Jeans: Zara
Boots: Forever21
Sunglasses: ZeroUV 

It is not only fall season, but it is also boots season. I got these over-the-knee boots, more like heels, from Forever21 and I am absolutely in love with them. I was a little hesitant at first about the idea of how they would look, but I am glad I bought them. They were only $40 online, which is pretty amazing because they are $60 or more at other stores. They are really easy to walk in if you are someone who wears heels occasionally. They also sell these boots with a flat heel, too.
-AK


2 comments

  1. Love this outfit, definitely agree, when you're in doubt, just wear black!

    ReplyDelete

I will read all comments, and try my best to respond to most of them. I appreciate feedback and any suggestions, but I do not appreciate any sort of negativity that is posted.