My photography




Since I get a lot of messages asking how I edit my pictures on here, and on my Instagram, I decided to make a quick post about.

This is a list of apps I use on my iPhone:
1. VSCOcam**
2. Picsart
3. Squaready

Many of these apps can be used on an android phone as well, but Im not sure if all of them can. I starred the app that I mainly use, VSCOcam, and I'll explain why I love this app the most. VSCOcam has gotten more popular, now that I think about it, and it is turning into a new Instagram for photographers...Or people who want to pretend to be a photographer. VSCOcam is great for adding great filters, and I highly recommend checking out their store that includes a variety of other filters that you do have to pay for; but the most you will pay is $1.99. There are a lot of other apps that can put a filter on your picture, but the filters on VSCOcam make your picture look more professional and realistic. The reason why I say "realistic" is because other, free, filter apps that you think can make your pictures look great, actually make it look tacky. For example, Afterlight. I used to use Afterlight until I became more serious with my photography. The filters on that app are just all wrong and make your pictures look all wrong. Now, of course you will have to make adjustments to your picture in VSCOcam to make it look the way you want it to. VSCOcam allows you to change the brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. so your picture looks just right; this is why I love VSCOcam.

I'm sure some of you are curious to know who takes my pictures. I have a younger brother who is learning photography, so he takes a lot of my pictures. I also have a friend who is a photographer and takes most of my pictures. The camera that I use is a Nikon D7000. It is known to be a professional camera, which is one of the reasons why I got it. If you are a beginner photographer, I suggest looking for a camera less professional. Find a camera that is not too heavy, and does not have too many features to it. The best known camera brands are Nikon, Canon, and Sony. I am a huge fan of Nikon and Canon, but I don't know so much about Sony. I bought my camera in a bundle deal that included 3 lens (with lens caps), a tripod, filters, USB cable, 2 extra lens, external flash, cleaning supplies, 2 lens hoods, and a bag; I got all of this from B&H. The deal is no longer available, but you can find other bundle deals on that website.

Some quick tips for taking really good pictures are:
1. Make sure your lighting is good, depending on how you want the picture to turn out.
2. Make sure you have steady hands, or use a tripod. There is nothing worst than taking a bunch of pictures that all turn out to be blurry.
3. I get a lot of questions about how I take candid pictures, and the only tip I have is to be yourself when you're being photographed. Be relaxed, too; you don't want it to look staged. You want it to seem like you were just doing your own thing and someone just so happened to take a picture of you doing it.
4. Lastly, go easy on the editing. You don't want to edit your picture too much, but editing helps make your picture stand out more.

-AK


Aisha Konneh

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read all comments, and try my best to respond to most of them. I appreciate feedback and any suggestions, but I do not appreciate any sort of negativity that is posted.

Instagram