Ode to Ms. Lauryn Hill


T-shirt: RoyalTeesLondon
Handbag: Zara (soldout)
Sunglasses: Mirina Collections
Heels: Steve Madden



Oh how I love Ms. Lauryn Hill. When it comes to music, I have such an old soul. I spend most of my time listening to music by Lauryn, Erykah Badu, the Fugees, TLC, Tupac, New Edition, Michael Jackson, Otis Redding...the list goes beyond measure. I listen to "modern" day music, specifically hip-hop/Rap and R&B (a little bit of pop depending on how I am feeling), and I praise artists that are doing it big but there is something about 80s/90s hip-hop and R&B that intrigues me and it is the vibe. I am a huge fan of Lauryn Hill because her music has a purpose and her lyrics in her famous song Doo Wop (That thing) have me feeling all kinds of ways about self-respect and self-love as well as respect for others. Too many songs and artists sound the same today, which is no fun. So even though I love listening to Somethin Tells Me by Bryson, you will still catch me vibin to Everything is Everything by the Queen herself. If you have never listened to Lauryn Hill before or have only listened to her top hits, check out the playlist below of more bops by her.

Lastly, I wanted to share a quick review of these sunnies that I received from Mirina Collections. Now, I am aware of the negative reviews that have been left for this company but I personally do not have anything bad to say about it...yet. The only complaint that I have is how long shipping takes. I did not receive my items until three weeks after requesting them but it was worth the wait because I love my sunglasses; it is just that shipping longer than a week can make some people, like myself, feel unease. But, like I said, that is the only complaint from me. I am officially a part of their Marina Girls affiliate program and am looking forward to sharing more information on the company. If you are interested in designer clothing, jewelry, handbags, and sunglasses then check out the rest of their collection here.

                                                                             -AK

2 comments

I will read all comments, and try my best to respond to most of them. I appreciate feedback and any suggestions, but I do not appreciate any sort of negativity that is posted.